Monday, January 12, 2009

This morning I am pondering what God has done in my life.  I can't believe that I am in Alaska, which might as well be a foreign country.  I am not someone who accepts change easily, but recognize God's hand in my past that has molded me and helped me learn to change a little more easily.  
Our recent trip to the lower 48 was bittersweet.  Coming home was both welcome and sad.  I really love the adventure and beauty of Alaska.  Our church is wonderful.  I am gaining much insight from Steve's sermons.  However, when you are part of a family for six years, it is hard to say goodbye.  Worship is so intimate that I miss being with the ones who have grown with me and understand me.  
Anyway, for more trivial information, I have a lunch meeting today for work.  I think getting back into my job helping needy kids will help me be more upbeat.  I am going to try to sort through my data from Christmas Miracle Tree project to find out how many families and kids we served.  I also need to write a report for the church.  I need to set meetings with principals to find out what their goals are for this semester.  I have one Southern Living party this week and one on the 29th.  I also have one more that I need to schedule.  I am going to try to do 30 minutes on the wiifit today.  Activity seems to make the darkness more bearable.  I have to keep telling myself that summer is coming.

1 comment:

KathyH said...

"BITTERSWEET"--that's a very appropriate word for your visit to Clarksville. It was bittersweet for me, too, knowing that I wouldn't see the Es again for a whole year, twelve whole stinking months!! I really can't comprehend what that will be like, waiting that long. It's going to be hard, but I know it's nothing God's grace can't cover.

I think your adjustment to Alaska has been amazing! Honestly, I thought you'd be depressed your whole first year!Instead you have embraced the spacious place God has put you in, and yeah, I know that's a dangling participle!

I think it's always a little hard going back to the real world after vacation is over, don't you? I remember how hard it always was for some of us coming home after the International Worship Institutes.

And y'all just got home from a WHIRLWIND TOUR, after all! There's bound to be a let-down! But you're in the center of God's will, loving God and loving people, and that's the most important thing, isn't it?

I'm so glad that the great reunion in heaven will never end!!

I love you bunches, and I'm so proud of you!!